Monday, April 7, 2008

Rocco's Rumble Update / Upcoming Borgata Summer Open

For those three or four people who have played or said they would play my Saturday night HA tournament on Full Tilt called "Rocco's Rumble".. I want to apologize for not having a game these last couple of weeks.

I work in television, for a news station in Baltimore. As of right now, I'm still part-time, which means my hours fluctuate and change every week. For the most part, I'm free on Saturday nights and can usually be home to play and run the Rumble. These past two saturdays have been different though. My station has been in a financial crisis due to the bad economy right now.. and has made several cut-backs, firing a few of my co-workers. Because of this, I had to cover a few extra shifts until everything smooths out and the schedule gets back to normal. So, the Rumble will again be MIA this saturday.. but it will be back and in full swing on April 19th. I will be sure to send out an email reminder to everyone, and I hope to see you at the table.

As for the Borgata Open, I have decided to plan a trip to Atlantic City from June 13-15 to play in one or two of weekend's events. I'm considering playing Event 5, the $500+60 No Limit Holdem on Friday at 11am.. but I'm definitely going to enter Event 8, the $200+30 Limit Holdem on Sunday at noon. Two people I play with at a weekly cash game have already won seats into Event 6, the $1000+80 No Limit Holdem on Saturday.. and I will do my best to win a seat before then as well.

No comments: