Monday, April 21, 2008

Golf Prop Bet

My friend George and I have begun a prop bet that, for once, does not involve poker..

We started playing golf together last summer, and both of us are complete novices. We shoot about the same scores, and ironically have the exact same set of golf clubs and shoes, both of which were a complete accident. So, I proposed a bet. We play 10 rounds of golf at 5 different courses and whoever has the lowest total score wins. The bet is $100. But we recently revised the bet down to 5 rounds or 100 holes (depending on if we have to cut short a round for whatever reason.)

Today, we played through the rain and only finished 12 holes because it became ridiculous. So yes, thus far I have shot 90 in 12 holes. I suck, I admit it.. but even today was worse than normal.

Rules to the Bet:

- We may not receive professional golfing instruction until the bet is over.
- Scores only count if we play together.
- When we play, there are no mulligans.. with exception to unplayable lies.. where we move the ball back 5-10 yards to make it playable (but not to improve the shot).
- Everything else is PGA rules.

So after 12 holes, George is holding a 7-stroke lead.. which means nothing because I'm going to crush him from here on out.

No comments: